Stefan Freeman's blog in Japan...for family and friends.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Registration office

Took three different lines to arrive at a station whose name I still can't pronounce down in Yokohama today. Futamatagawa eki...give me strength.

I was greeted with amazing efficiency at the registration office though...had to go to about 7 or 8 different windows to complete different forms. Needless to say it was a bit confusing finding my way around but the lady at each window just pointed down to the floor where there were lines of various colours painted. Each time I was to follow a different colour line to the next window. This was the test.

With literally thousands of morons crowded into a building with multi coloured noodles as their guide it was complete bloody chaos.

When I'd reached the end of my last noodle I found my self in a lecture room with 200 or so other perplexed people. The lecturer came in and told us to sit. He then pulled out a very important looking stick which he proceeded to use to point to lots of impressive looking numbers for a two hour ramble on "road safety". He should have been completely demoralised as half of his audience had their heads down on their desks asleep and the other half so zoned out their eyes were focused on the backs of their own skulls. He delivered the lecture with great gusto though and we were all more road safety aware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home